Thursday, January 21, 2010

[CANCELED] Lake Michigan Kayak Surfing - Saturday

From Mike Torrance mikehoofer@yahoo.com
-------------------------


It turns out that my day at the beach may need to happen later in the year, when ice-flows don't cause life threatening conditions.

I was SO looking forward to trying out my new black Speedos! Alas, woes is me, woes is me.

Mike.

--------------------------------------
Original announcement:


This is not a trip (yet), just a feeler for like-minded kayakers.

It looks like the condtions for surfing on Lake Michigan (north of Milwaukee) are looking good for Saturday. The winds are coming from the SE, creating 3-5 foot waves (building as the day goes on).

FYI:
1) I don't have a leader rating for this level of trip, so this may be a private (non-Hoofer trip).
2) I also don't know what the coastline condtions are. If it's full of ice, or it's too risky, etc... I'm not sure where to find this info out. Can someone look into it.
3) If this does turn into a hoofer trip, you'll need to be an R3 and have a drysuit or a wetsuit with a paddling jacket.
4) I'll write up all the other stuff that you need or should be aware of, if this trip develops further.
5) There is a good chance that we stop at a burger joint on the way home.

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment